This morning I went on a huge unfollowing spree on Instagram and probably unfollowed close to 50 accounts.
I realized that almost everyday I would get on my Instagram and see pictures that weren’t inspiring to me and I was spending time just scrolling through and not really caring about the content in my feed. Plus, I always want my feed as positive as possible. I never want to feel bad about myself when looking at other people’s content.
I’ve heard a rule that you shouldn’t follow anyone that doesn’t bring you joy. So, I decided to go through my follow list and go on an unfollowing spree!
- Accounts that don’t inspire me
- A celeb I was obsessed with for 1 day and never thought about again
- An old acquaintance I haven’t spoken to in years (unless I still look forward to their posts)
- Influencers that I don’t connect with
- I want to be invested in their content and walk away feeling positive/empowered/inspired/happy
Anyways, maybe this will inspire you to unfollow an account that brings you down or doesn’t bring you joy anymore. Your feed is yours and social media should be a positive place.