You guys know I’m all about trying new recipes and taking all the recipes I find online and “health-ifying” them! New word? I think yes!
Anyways…since gaining a husband, one of the many benefits is living with a master chef and eating more food cooked on the grill. There is nothing like the the crispness you get from the grill! In our relationship I pick the recipes, he grills and we both help to cook. #Goals
I really should learn to grill it myself…maybe one day. HA!
There’s something about grilling out by the pool, sipping on a cold kombucha (or beer sometimes) with friends that just screams summer!
P.S. Today is the first day of summer!!! YAY!
This recipe is a full meal that is perfect for summer nights! Enjoy 🙂
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken + Zucchini + Sweet Potato
Prep: 5 & 1/2 hours (Marinade time included) Cook Time: 35 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 Zuchinni
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Avocado oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Onion powder
- Marinate the chicken for about 5 hours with honey mustard, honey, and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Once it’s closer to dinner time–Cut peppers and onion into strips and toss in avocado oil. Set aside for the grill
- Perp the zucchini by cutting ends, cutting down the middle (see pic below) and chop. Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Toss the zucchini with 2 Tbsp of avocado oil, S&P and nutritional yeast. Place an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Dice sweet potatoes and toss them in 3 Tbsp of avocado oil, S&P and onion powder. Place on an even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake zucchini and potatoes at 350 for 35 mins while you run to the grill.
- Head to the grill and place everything on. Chicken should be on for about 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness.
- Once you’re back from the grill, pull the zucchini out and broil the potatoes for a few mins until crispy.
Hope you enjoy this easy summer meal! Tell me what your favorite dinner is below!!