Leading up to my wedding I was all about the detox. Especially the week of, I focused on detoxing my body and reducing water weight.
- Drinking lots of lemon water
- Staying away from carbonated drinks
- Getting my sweat on
- This soup!!
I ate this soup for lunch on the days leading up to the wedding and would have a small cup on the side of my dinner at night.
There are so many ingredients in this recipe that are nourishing, rev up your metabolism and help with digestion!
Lemon is my go to for a flat tummy. I try to drink warm lemon water with apple cider vinegar every morning too.
Cayenne is spicy…we want spicy! This is what will kick up your metabolism and increase circulation in your body.
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory. In “normal people terms” that means it’s great for reducing all of the inflammation in your body. If inclination is down, you will not only feel better, but look tighter.
Anyways, onto the soup:
- 4 cups of bone broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 3 stocks of celery
- 4 large carrots
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 stocks of kale
- 1/4 head of a purple cabbage
- 1/2 TBSP turmeric
- 1/2 TBSP onion powder
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper, taste as you go (spicy is good!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pour 1 cup of water into a large pot on medium heat
- Add in onion, garlic. Stir until softened
- Add in celery and carrots and let sit for a few mins (3-5)
- Stir in turmeric, onion powder, cayenne and S&P
- Add in the rest of the water & bone broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in tomato, kale and cabbage
- Reduce heat to low and serve!
P.S…..If I were to make it just for dinner I would add shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken to bulk it up!
I hope you guys like this recipe!! I love it for detoxing and bulk meal prepping, it makes a lot! Tag me in your pics if you recreate it and leave your best detox tips in the comments!