Ok, you might think this is cheesy but I kinda love these posts. I just turned 23 and I’m pumped! I am one of those people who loves getting older because I know life is going to keep on getting better every year!
I wanted to reflect on this past year, conveniently my birthday is in January so it’s kinda a 2- for-1.
Here are some big lessons I’ve learned in the past year:
- Fuel Your Passion
- This blog and my Instagram have been a huge outlet for me this past year. My current 9-5 job is not very creative so having these places for me to express myself are great for my sanity.
- Be Grateful
- After college you are truly on your own. Up until then everyone your same age is literally doing the same thing and are on the same playing field. After you’re done with school it’s a free for all. I am so grateful for everything I have so far in life and I make time to reflect on those things. Being grateful helps with jealousy and feeling like you never have enough…been there!
- Life Moves Fast
- God damn, where did 2017 go…? After graduation in May I swear I blinked and it was Christmas. I tired and take a lot of pictures just to remind me of all the great things throughout the year( I put some highlights below!). Because life keeps moving faster I’ve learned to disconnect sometimes and really take in the moment.
- Traveling is the Bomb
- I took a few trips this past year and I learned that it is totally worth the money. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day routing but it’s so fun to switch it up and experience new things. I’m learning to say “yes” more!
- Holistic Treatments
- This past year I have learned so much about holistic skin care and natural remedies. At 22 some might not think skin care is important but I’m all about preventative measures and doing that with natural products is so important. I will continue to incorporate more holistic treatments as time goes on.
23 is going to be a great year!