I don’t know about you but I am all aboard the pumpkin spice train and I’m not hiding it! ‘Tis the season for pumpkin spice everything. It’s not basic, it’s festive!
I’ve been experimenting with different pumpkin recipes and this granola is definitely my fav!
I like to make granola at home (when I can’t find Purly Elizabeth)because I know exactly what goes into it. You think you’re being all “healthy” but the ingredients kinda defeat the purpose… Too many store bought brands have added sugar and weird ingredients that make it unhealthy! Plus, it’s super easy to just make yourself.
Anyways, here’s my recipe:
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- A dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ( I like a lot!)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- Heat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small pot, heat vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin and almond butter on the stove until smooth
- Combine oats, flax seeds, pecans
- Remove mixture from the stove and combine with dry ingredients
- Lay granola flat on the baking sheet and try to keep the mixture in large chunks
- Bake for 20 mins, checking 1/2 way through
- Remove and cool before serving.
- Store in an air tight container
This granola is super pumpkin-y and I LOVE it!!
Tag me in any pic of your recreation or fav pumpkin spice treats on Insta @ADashOfnutMegg, I’d love to see!