A lot of you have been asking for a grocery list… so here ya go! It definitely changes every week depending on the recipes I’m going to make. Here’s what I got at the store this week that includes some staples!
Side note– I promise you, buying healthy groceries doesn’t have to break the bank. I am a coupon queen and don’t waste money on sugary snacks. Produce isn’t expensive either, let’s get that myth out of the way here…Just think, you could buy Oreo’s & Lay’s Chips for $6 or buy cauliflower, broccoli and some peppers for the same price.
Anyways, onto the haul!
- Used for cauliflower rice in a healthy fried rice recipe
- Green onions
- Used for freezing for smoothies & for my packed lunches
- Salad mix
- For my green smoothies
- Red pepper
- Baby peppers
- Ezekiel bread
- Sprouted grains which are easier to digest
- White mountain bread
- For Patrick
- I prefer this to rice
- Raisin Bran
- Still trying to convince Patrick to eat a healthier version LOL
Dairy & Snacks
- Clif bars, Larabars and 1 Perfect Bar
- Bar of dark chocolate
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- His and her’s yogurts
- Chobani for him
- Siggi’s for me
- Almond breeze milk
- Trying a new flav this week!
- I like to make my own when I can
- Simple Truth coffee creamer
- **Quick note– please check out the ingredients…you can pronounce everything! I challenge you to take a look at your coffee creamer and see how much CRAP is in there. Try a more simple alternative!
- If you need digestion help, kombucha is your bff!
- Chilli paste & 1 lime
- For a recipe
- Chicken, pork loin and tuna
- Not pictured because who wants to see a pic of raw chicken…?
- We always have sparkling water (mine) and coke zero (his)
I try to stick to real foods or simply processed packaged goods. It’s all about the ingredients! I’m obsessive about checking the ingredients in everything! You’d be surprised on how much fake stuff & added sugar is in everyday items. (There is added sugar in many common pasta sauces…what?!)
What’s on your grocery list that I need to add to mine?